Monday, November 15, 2010

REALLY REALLY EXCITING NEWS IN ALL CAPS!!!! (with lots of exclamation points. :D )

Ok, so I know I haven't blogged in a few days.  He, he... sorry about that.  Life has definitely been busy, and I just lost the use of my faithful lappy... so, I will probably not be getting on near as much until I get him back, which will be (hopefully) Wednesday. *dramatic sob*  He was so young...

Anywho, today is the last day to vote for your favorite first chapter!  So don't wait another minute.  It looks like it might be a close call for third place.  If we have a tie, then we have to have another poll, so vote, vote, vote!

But now to get the REALLY EXCITING part of this post.  You know... the part that's IN ALL CAPS WITH LOTS OF EXCLAMATION POINTS!!!! (love to do that.  :D)

Well here it is:  I WAS INVITED TO GO TO A PRE-SCREENING OF THE NEW "VOYAGE OF THE DAWN TREADER", NOT DUE IN THEATRES UNTIL DECEMBER!!!! 

You heard right folks! *does really happy dance*  The screening is this Thursday in Minneapolis. 

I really don't know how it happened.  It's like an answered prayer, but it was so unexpected.  I'd just been keeping in touch with people over the web and I'd been entering a few contests and what-not... (especially concerning Narnia, because Lewis was my first inspiration to write).  Then the other day I get an email reply saying that I've been chosen to go see this pre-screening because of my apparent presence on the web. 

Cool!  That means I'm being noticed, which is really good platform-building material for me and my writings.  And this opportunity will also look great noted on a future resume.

Awesomesauce!

So here's the deal.  I won't be able to give out any details of what I actually saw in the movie when I get back home, but I will be able to tell how I felt about the way the movie was made.  So in honor of that, I've decided to make this week on the Pen and Parchment all about Narnia and C.S. Lewis.  Get ready for some really Narnia related posts.  And on Friday, I'll post my review of the movie to close out the week.

I'll try to get the first post of this series up later today.  Until then, don't forget to vote!

C ya all later!

Nichole

5 comments:

Mackenzie A. Lockhart said...

That's awesome!! I can't wait to hear what your review is on the movie !! XD

Squeaks.

T.D. said...

I'm feeling extremely jealous right now..... but I'm SO TOTALLY EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!

woW.

Have fun okay? And I can't wait for your review!!

Star-Dreamer said...

Thanks you guys! I am so totally pumped for this!

On a side note, for anyone that reads the comments, please pray blessings over my computer. Apperently the hard drive fried over the weekend and I'm a little nervous that some very very important documents and such will be lost... like my manuscrips and my wips.

Thanks!

Jaleh D said...

Holy heck, that's fantabulous! I hope you have a blast.

Star-Dreamer said...

Thanks! :D