I was tagged by Jake over at Teenage Writer to do this tag and receive the "Thanks for Blogging Award". :D And since I haven't done a tag in a long long time, I thought it might be fun to fill out this one and pass it on.
Ok, so here are the rules:
- If you are tagged/nominated, you must post eleven facts about yourself.
- Then, you must answer the eleven questions the tagger has given you and make eleven questions for the people you are going to tag.
- Next, tag eleven more bloggers.
- Tell the people you tagged that you have tagged them.
- No tagging back.
- The person you tagged must have less than 200 followers.
Facts in a Bucket:
1) I love to listen to Celtic, Irish, and Folk Music, but also enjoy Contemporary Christian and Country. I am currently listening to no music at all, but I have a round going through my head on constant repeat... I'm also not very familiar with the classical composers, even though I should be since I am a Music Major. :P
2) I play guitar and sing a lot. I taught myself how to play at the age of 14 when my aunt got me a guitar for my birthday. I learned using a chord book and a CD called "Masters of the Irish Guitar", and I love writing and playing folk music and lullabies. Currently I'm in the process of putting music to some of the songs in the book "The Merry Adventures of Robin Hood". Also, I didn't know how to play Piano at all until about two years after I started college.
3) I get kind of crazy around my good friends, but they've learned to love me anyway. :) However, if you met me outside of my circle of friends, you might at first think that I am rather quiet, laid back, and slightly introverted. My friends have proved this theory wrong. ;)
4) I just got back from the Bristol Wisconsin Ren-faire. IT WAS EPIC!!! I can't wait to go again next year. ^_^
5) I'm still afraid of the dark... Hey, don't judge me! I can't help it... I just have an overly active imagination. Even now at almost 24 years old, when all the lights go out at night, I can almost see things sneaking through the blackness to get me... *shivers* Some of my dad's scary stories told to me as a kid might be at fault for that...
6) I used to think my toys came to life as soon as I stopped looking at them. That doesn't happen anymore... but I blame Toy Story. ;)
7) I collect cool-looking journals and writing utensils, but I can't actually journal worth a darn. I've tried it many times... it never lasts long. However, I do keep a journal or a notebook with me at all times, and often write down scenes or plot ideas for my books. In fact, the other day I forgot to bring my journal with me, and instead wrote my plot idea down in the back of the book I was reading on a blank page. :)
8) I currently have more writing projects planned out than I have time to write. To remedy this, I've actually decided to combine some of my other ideas into stories that are already being written, in order to cut back. Also, I started writing my first novel at the age of 16. It's called "Eldrei" and no, it's not finished yet... I have a LOT of rewriting to do. I started writing SOTD at the age of 17, and it was originally for a novella contest. :)
9) My favorite fantasy creature is the Dragon, although I'll admit that a griffin comes in close second. My favorite color of dragon is red. :D
10) I've always wanted to go to Europe and South America, and I have a fascination with language (even though I can only truly speak English, and I butcher the few other languages I've tried to learn... :P). I also love Tolkien's languages, of course, and used to be able to write using the Anglo-Saxon runes almost as well as I can write using normal English. (No more, I'm afraid...)
11) I'm officially glad that this part of the tag is over because I totally ran out of things to say! :D
The Bloggers I've tagged:
People are probably going to hate me for this, but though I follow a virtual TON of blogs, I can't think of any of them at this point in time. :P Plus I'm tired. So for now I'm just going to tag anyone who might want to be tagged, and perhaps later I will come back and actually assign people to this project. :D
My answers to Jake's Questions:
1. What's your favorite place in the world?
This is a tough question... Well, I've always wanted to travel to Ireland or Scottland. I love my home state of Illinois as well, but I also really love the rocky mountains and Yellowstone National park. Not to mention the awesome beauty of the badlands... Can I just say the whole world? Since I live here, and there are so many wonderful things to see and learn? :D
2. What do you think about Kansas? (>:D)
I've actually never been to Kansas, but I'm sure it's a very nice state. :)
3. Favorite song?
There are so many! I can't name a favorite... I just can't! I'll name a favorite Artist though... Andrew Peterson. :) And Loreena McKennitt. ^_^
4. Favorite quote?
"Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass."
5. G. K. Chesterton is, to you, what? Your opinion?
You're not going to believe this, but I've never read any of Chesterton either. Just never have, for no reason other than I haven't.
6. Best speculative fiction you've read recently? In absence of speculative fiction, what's the best book you've read recently, non-fiction or fiction?
As far as "recent" goes, the last few titles that I've read were only mediocre in my opinion... Not terrible, but not really enough for me to name any of them as the best title that I've read recently. However, I have a list of new books that I've started working through... perhaps I'll come back and re-answer these questions at a better time. :D
7. Best kind of cookie?
8. Your opinion of pie?
I love pie, especially Green Tomato Pie! YUM!!! :)
9. What color is your favorite shirt?
Probably red, but I only say "probably" because I have a lot of shirts that are red, and I don't know that I have a favorite. :)
10. Are you procrastinating?
At this particular moment in time? Probably, yes.
11. If you're a writer, what are you currently writing? If you're not a writer, what big thing have you done recently?
I am currently working on a new and much better beginning for my novel SOTD. Now, the whole story opens from my Villain's point of view, and I think the idea is working rather well. :)
1) What is the title of the writing project you are currently working on, and what is the story about?
2) If you could be anyone in history, fantasy, modern day, or a speculative world... anyone at all with no universe as a boundary, who would you choose to be?
3)Coffee or tea?
4) What is your favorite color scheme?
5) What is your special talent?
6) If you could be any of your characters, which one would you choose to be and why? Would you let them be your Author, then?
7) If you were suddenly gifted with millions of dollars, what would you do with it?
8) How big is your immediate family?
9) Science or History?
10) Do you prefer the country or the city?
11) Where is your favorite place in the entire world?
Thank you for putting up with me, my friends! And thank you for reading this tag. If you feel like just claiming this tag, then good luck to you, and I look forward to reading it! :)