Wednesday, September 12, 2012

A few quick updates. :D

Hello my friends! :)

Some of you may remember that a few months ago I posted about a new blog I had started, called "Aspiring Endnotes", in order to talk about publishing - publishing advice, articles, things I've learned along the way - in a way that didn't make me constantly feel like I was blaring self-promotion all over this blog.  Here's an excerpt from that post:

Some of you are probably wondering why I would set up a separate blog for that, when I could just post everything here at the P&P. But the truth is, every time I posted something about Magpie Eclectic here, I felt like I was self-promoting – advertising. That’s not really the purpose of the P&P, so I thought I would set up a separate blog for that sort of stuff… for talking about publishing through the eyes of one who is learning how to become a publisher. This blog here (the P&P) is for my personal journey as a writer… the Aspiring Endnotes blog is for my personal journey as a publisher. I’ve found that I look at the world of writing and publishing through different eyes, depending on which subject I’m working on, and which role I take on as I’m working on it (writer, or publisher). So I feel like it’s just better to have my two views on the subjects separated... to keep them from getting mixed up. :)

Well, today I officially opened my "Aspiring Endnotes" blog with an article about writing query letters.  If you are curious about it, you can find the article here.  In this article, I talk about some things I've learned through research and trial and error while working on my own query letters, and I also talk about several issues I've come across while reading query letters and acquisitions from authors who have submitted to Magpie Eclectic Press.  I hope this article is helpful to you. :)

Please note, however, that this blog is not currently the blog linked to through the Magpie Eclectic Press website.  However, I'm working to get that changed. ^_^

Thank you everyone!  Happy writing, and God bless,

Nichole White


No comments: